Sunday, August 30, 2009

Livy's Baptism


Olivia was baptized a few weeks ago - at the beginning of August. We did it on a Saturday and it was just Olivia's baptism (we didn't do it with the stake). Eric's dad Greg gave a really cute talk about the Holy Ghost and Eric's nephew Andrew who is turning 16 gave a talk on baptism. Livy just loves Andrew so it was so nice of him to give the talk. Mimi and Papa flew in for the weekend to be there for the baptism and most of Eric's family was there too - Lala, Maude, Jennifer, Brittany, Lexi, Matthew, William, Andrew, Aaron and Libby. A couple of Livy's friends came and some of her babysitters (young women in our ward) showed up as well. It was really neat and I was so grateful that Eric was able to baptize her. I don't ever want to take the priesthood in our home for granted. It was a fabulous day and I can't believe I have a child that has been baptized!

3 comments:

Higham Inc. said...

That's so awesome Livy! Sounds like it was a very special day.

elisabeth said...

Wow! I still remember when you had Livy. I bet the day was amazing and what a special thing to experience with a child.

sonna said...

I can't believe she's 8!!
You look great Amy - how do you always bounce back so quickly after having babies? You need to reveal your secrets!