Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend with Mimi and Papa



My parents came in town for a few days to go to Dallin Pew's wedding this last weekend. We had so much fun spending time with them. The girls absolutely love their Mimi and Papa. Friday was the wedding and luncheon and then that evening Livy had a dance performance so we all went to that. She was a fabulous dancer - but unfortunately there were some other dance companies that did numbers and we had to sit through their boring and very weird numbers?. Saturday Eric and Papa took the girls to the train park in Scottsdale and then to Build-A-Bear. Papa is so good to his girls :). While they did that my mom and I went shopping to find her an outfit for Rachel's wedding. It was so nice to shop without children - what a treat. Then we got the girls' favorite babysitter from our ward and my parents took Eric and I out to dinner for my birthday that is coming up. We went to Houston's. So fabulous. It is one of those places where I keep eating after I am full because it all tastes so good - I left absolutely stuffed!! We then stopped by Dallin's reception and visited with the Pews. Sunday we went to church and then just hung out until my parents had to leave that evening. It was such a fun weekend and it helped take my mind off the fact that I am a huge, uncomfortable, ready-to-be-done pregnant lady! :)
This next weekend Eric is taking the girls to St. George where my family has rented a house for the weekend. He is being very brave and going on a road trip with the girls all by himself. What a cute dad :). I am staying here in AZ and my two good friends from college days at the U are flying in for a girls weekend. We are staying at a great resort in Scottsdale and plan to shop, eat and lay by the pool. Oh, and sleep in as late as we want! I am really looking forward to this weekend and I am going to soak it all up because who knows when the next time I will get a good nights sleep will be!

3 comments:

Coleen said...

Hope you had a great girl's weekend. We love Mimi and Papa too, they are great!

Emilee said...

next year i want an invite for the girls weekend!!!

Ashley C. said...

how fun... the grandparents visiting and the girls weekend....