Saturday, December 06, 2008

Thanksgiving in Vegas


This is Olivia and William (Jerilyn's boy) at the park. They are always able to make each other laugh!

London would not let us get a good picture of her. I love this little outfit I just got for her but everyone said she looked like an eskimo. I think she looks MUCH cuter than that :). Also, I did do her hair everyday - I would like you to all know - with cute bows and things but it never lasted more than an hour. Dang her.

This is William and Matthew (Jerilyn's boys) in their chairs watching t.v. Jerilyn's friends took her clothes that she wore a lot and made blankets out of them and then gave one to everyone in the family to remember her by and to have something to snuggle with. It was so sweet of them and everyone loves their blanket. We miss you Jerilyn.

Jerilyn's oldest - Andrew - had his birthday while we were there and turned 15. So old and so mature :).

Once again London was too busy to give a smile for the camera. She is trouble.

This is Eric's dad Greg with Jack (Jenn & Tyler's dog). Jenn and Tyler brought their dog and at first the kids were a little nervous about him being there but once they warmed up to him, that was all they cared about.

London and Matthew got along really well - thankfully there were no punches thrown.

This is Lala, William, Matthew and Olivia enjoying breakfast.

Thanksgiving this year was a lot of fun and it was so nice to spend it with Eric's family in Vegas (we missed having Brittany, Jeff and Lexi there!). We drove in on Wednesday with Eric's parents and one of Jerilyn and Aaron's friends let us stay in their house while they were out of town for Thanksgiving. It was a beautiful house and they had a little dog named Sophie that London constantly tormented. That poor dog is probably still recovering! Thanksgiving day we didn't do much, which is how it should be! We ordered our Thanksgiving meal in from Red Rock Hotel just up the street. It was fabulous and no one had to do any work. That is the way to do it!! I told Eric we are going to find a place we like in Arizona to order from because that is how we will be doing our Thanksgivings! Friday and Saturday we spent shopping, going to the park, enjoying the fabulous weather and being together as family. I was able to enjoy this weekend thanks to everyone else for watching my kids every morning. I got to sleep in everyday so I didn't throw up once on the trip (yeah!!!). Not to worry though, this lovely child of mine inside of me made up for it once we got back. Anyway, we had a fabulous time in Vegas and it was great to be with the Nielsen's. Now, on to Christmas!

6 comments:

Meagan said...

Looks like you had a great time! What a neat idea to make those blankets out of Jerilyn's clothes. I bet everyone loves them!

When do you find out what you're having?

Coleen said...

I love London's outfit. Your girls always look adorable. Glad to hear that you had a good thanksgiving.

-C

elisabeth said...

I think London's outfit is darling. I love the brown boots. Those are the ones I tried to talk Ellie into, but since they weren't pink she wanted nothing to do with it. Your kids always look adorable. Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. Can you believe it is almost X-mas?

katie said...

London looks adorable-love the outfit! Those blankets are precious. Shauna told me all about them and I'm so glad that those sweet boys will have a little blanket "from their mommy"

Higham Inc. said...

What a fun Thanksgiving! Hmm having Thanksgiving delivered that's the way to do it..I doubt Doug would ever go for it though. We miss you guys and since Utah is playing at the Sugar bowl I'm not sure when we'll make it to AZ...hopefully in the spring.

Unknown said...

Amy... I can't believe that I find you! Do you remember me? Rebecca Bulloch aka Rebecca Wagner? I was going through my list of old addresses and saw you. So I thought that I would do a search to see if you had a blog and poof there you were! Yea... I hope that things are going good! You can check us out at:
http://wagnerfamilyofboys.blogspot.com/

Hope to hear from you soon! Becca