Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesday Nights with Dad




Eric here - and no, don't get used to me posting on Amy's blog. I just have a few quick thoughts:
Wednesdays are fantastic! After Olivia's soccer practice, I get to take the 2 girls home, give them their baths and get them in bed (as opposed to getting them to sleep...). All this while Amy goes off to mutual to be with her young women. No mom around... just me and the 2 Little Pistols.
Among other things, It usually involves more water out of the bath than in and snacks after their teeth are brushed. Yes, those are Fruity Pebbles and no, I'm not having them re-brush. Oh, and Amy, I think London spilled a little on the floor. Don't worry, it will be clean by the time you get home.
It also usually involves bedtimes a little later than normal. Amy couldn't honestly expect them to be asleep when she gets home, could she?? Here they are in bed together "trying" to go to sleep. You may notice London's eyes are almost shut. Of course it's not going to work - it's just fun to see them playing together.
I have to thank Amy for being a perfect mom and raising such amazing girls - I really can't take any of the credit - she is with them all day and loves them to death. I hope they turn out just like her. (It might be nice if they were less skilled in the sport of shopping I guess... but I'll take what I can get.)

6 comments:

Janie said...

Yay for Eric blogging!

Adrianne said...

eric- good to hear from you! love to hear about your cute moments with your girls!

elisabeth said...

What a cute husband Eric is. First that he would even think of blogging about his wed. nights, & the cute things he wrote. I love the praising Amy as a mom - I love even more that it was so sincere. Eric you are the best. Amy, you are one lucky wife and mom!

john said...

eric... fun to hear from you. we think amy is awesome too. and truly- the girls are lucky to have you too! what a cute family...

Ashley C. said...

oops..... that was me- ashley. but i am sure that john thinks that you are both great too. :)

Spencer Hyde said...

hey Eric...I think London is tweaking on some type of sugar high and it looks like she's willing to go to any length to get her next hit of Fruity Pebbles...haha. Well done sir.