Monday, February 02, 2009

Good Job Olivia!


Christmas '05 - Olivia was 4. Amy's parents gave Olivia a bike. I thought teaching her to ride a bike without training wheels would be cake. We spent hours and hours wobbling through church parking lots and up and down streets and falling over - apparently Olivia has her mom's coordination. Olivia was embarrased she couldn't ride with her friends and I was dissapointed with my dad skills. The last thing I wanted was some high school boyfriend teaching my daughter how to ride. Well, as of this weekend, she can ride. No thanks to me - she just picked it up out of the blue. To celebrate, Amy took Olivia out this afternoon and bought her a blue Electra beach cruiser with a kick stand (that was a very important feature). Olivia feels soooo good about herself. Good Job Olivia!

2 comments:

Spencer Hyde said...

nice work O-Dog. Pimp that ride out now. Bedazzle it!

Coleen said...

Olivia Rocks! I doubt Jaden could even ride that big of a bike.